Friday, November 4, 2016

Don't Panic!

It always seems to me that right about now is when "concert panic" sets in. "What? The concert's in a month?? I'm not ready! I can't learn these songs! Aaaaaahhhh!" Or is it just me? Anyway, my message for today is:


Just keep practicing. The songs are coming together nicely and it's going to be great. :)

Practice notes:

Remember to keep you vowels nice and long. (Aw-le-loo-yaw not aw-LAY-loo-yaw, and is-ra-el not is-rI-el, etc.)

Watch the directors for tempo changes, cut-offs, dynamics, etc. It really helps to free yourself from the music so you can watch the director. :)

If you're struggling with parts, please go over them at home. If you have trouble doing that, call me. I'm serious. I want to help you out. Just a little practice at home can make a big difference.

You all are lovely and wonderful singers and I appreciate all the work you've put in so far! We are going to rock it!

Important dates:
November 22: Practice on Tuesday instead of Wednesday
December 6: Perform at Stonehenge in Springville. Meet at 6:00 to warm up, perform at 6:30 (Concert dress)
December 7: Regular Wednesday rehearsal
December 10: Dress rehearsal 9:00 am--church on Center St. (You don't have to wear your dress.)
December 11: Concert! Meet at 6:00 to warm up. Concert begins at 7:00!

No comments:

Post a Comment